Everyone can use some extra cash, especially if it is easy to earn it. This can enable some people who are living from paycheck to paycheck to break free from their chains and actually buy what they want when they want it, knowing that they won’t have to go into debt.
Luckily, the internet does provide us with quite a few opportunities to earn a decent amount of money. Also, depending on how much of an effort you make, you may even get to the point where you will earn enough money to match your paycheck.
Finding an extra source of income and earning money on the side
Let’s start looking at some of the options that you’ve got in terms of earning money online. First, please note that some of the methods presented below demand more work than others, the same way that some can help you earn more money than the rest. Choose the one that best works for you and you should be fine. It’s better to choose a good option and made a reasonable amount of money than to go for one that can bring you more cash but is too demanding for you to keep up with.
- Start a blog. Anyone can become a blogger, regardless of how good or how bad he or she is with words. In 2018, blogging is a legitimate career that helps many people earn hundreds of thousands of dollars on a yearly basis. Creating a free blog is quite easy, and once you get started and have a modest audience, you can start monetizing it. There are many blog platforms and many ways to earn money with them. It is all up to you.
- Sell some of your things. You can make a reasonable amount of money from simply selling the things that you no longer need. Look around the house and pick games that you’re bored of, books that you’ve read, or furniture that you don’t like, clean them up a bit and sell them online. While you won’t get as much as you paid for them, if you sell them online you can at least make enough money to cover part of the cost of new things. This is a useful strategy when you want to buy a new laptop or tablet.
- Make money answering surveys. If you look online you will find that there are a lot of survey companies that offer money in exchange for your participation in their survey programs. If you don’t know where to start, look for companies like American Consumer Opinion, Opinion Outpost, National Consumer Panel, Earning Station, and others. All of these give you the option to create a free account and then be paid for your answers. You will be able to choose to receive money or gift cards that you can use in order to buy new things. Try to sign up for as many as you can in order to maximize your profits.
- Consider investing. This is in a gray area when it comes to earning money on the side as there are no guarantees when investing in a business. This having been said, it is usually better to start as soon as you can. Furthermore, if you find a good investing platform, such as Motif, you will be able to invest in an affordable manner. Some websites have higher commissions than others, so you should keep an eye on how much you lose when you earn money. Luckily, you may also find platforms that offer sign-up incentives of up to $150.
- Become a driver for either Uber or Lyft. This is a useful strategy if you move around a lot. It will give you the opportunity to earn money whenever you need to go somewhere. It’s as easy as downloading an app, and most people that you’ll drive around may even leave you a tip on top of the trip’s cost.
- Start using Swagbucks when you need to search for something online. Swagbucks is basically a search engine similar to Google, with the exception that it will give you the opportunity to earn gift cards without too much effort. Every time you perform a search, you will be rewarded with Swagbucks which you can then redeem and get cash, gift cards, or other prizes. Furthermore, they reward those who sing up with $5 incentives.
- Use Digital Voice and make money by surfing the web. Digital Voice is part of Nielsen and rewards you for various things that you do while online. Once you start using it and it becomes a habit, you will start earning money in no time.
- Try using InboxDollars. This one is a great online rewards website that you should give a chance. It allows you to earn money by doing a lot of things such as playing games, shopping online, surfing the web, taking surveys, redeeming coupons, and more. It’s a one-stop shop for a lot of things that will bring you money with a minimum amount of effort.
- Sign up to a website testing company. You can make money by simply testing to see if websites do what they were designed to do. This can be done without any knowledge of coding and most companies pay quite well. If you don’t know where to start, look up UserTesting.
- Look for ways to make money from home. You can do a lot from home, from becoming an entrepreneur and earning money through your brand, to working as a freelancer. This option lets you make money by doing what you know best, just go online and look for someone that needs what you can provide, or find a niche market and start developing a business around it.
- You can always find a part-time job. If you look online you’re bound to find a few jobs that pay well and aren’t too demanding. Use websites like Snagajob, Monster, or Craigslist and find something that pays well enough for you.